The following terms and conditions are for the commision of original artwork from Michael McFarlane.
These terms and conditions must be read in full before agreeing the final Commision Agreement, which is legally binding. The terms stated in the Commission Agreement also apply.
- Artist refers to the artist creating the piece of work, in this case, “Michael McFarlane”
- Client refers to the person paying the artist for the piece of work.
- Commision, Piece of Work refers to the artwork created by the Artist for the Client
- Commision Agreement refers to the legally binding document that contains the following important information: Details about the commision. Whether the payment will be made in full, or in parts.Whether the artwork is licensed to the client for personal or commercial use.
Cancellation of Commision by the Artist
The Artist reserves the right to stop work on a Commission, or cancel a Commission request due to poor communication, rude/inappropriate behavior, or a breach of these Terms of Service.
Refunds may only be provided under the following circumstances:
- The Commission is cancelled before Work has begun
- The Artist is unable to complete the work, for whatever reason
Ownership and Copyright
Unless otherwise decided, the Artist owns the copyright to any completed piece. The Client is granted a Personal License to use the artwork upon full payment.
Under a Personal License, some things the Client cannot do are:
- Resell the Artwork
- License Print-on-Demand companies to sell the artwork for a royalty
Some things the Client can do include:
- Use the artwork as social media icons
- Print the artwork for personal use
- Use print-on-demand services only for personal use